Friday, March 2, 2012

Reunited and it feels so good

I have to say that over the past years I have grown pretty accustomed to Brandon being gone for weeks at a time. Jet setting around the world with his Dad to China, Germany, Switzerland or even just California. Of course I missed him during these trips but I usually used this time to catch up on housework, bills, and spend time with my girlfriends. So I thought this time would be no different, well I was wrong. I did the normal "me" time activities but it was much more difficult to be away from Brandon. Especially because he has had such a tough go this time around. Yes, he was in sunny Florida but he was confined to the couch and felt just plain lousy. Extreme fatigue, no energy, sore throat, mouth sores, it was something new every day. Our face time conversations proved to be very hard for me to handle, I hated seeing him like that and I was unable to hug him. I just wanted to scream "Get me outta here!". (State College that is)

Brandon had his normal appointment with Dr. Green. Perfect timing because there were a lot of questions to be asked, what about this sore throat, energy issues etc. Diagnosis: Thrush, grrrrrreeeeeaaaat. Can he please catch a break? Luckily, we have a great doctor who prescribed him some good drugs and insisted that he come back to get check ups. He went back to Dr. Green yesterday and his throat looked much better but his platelet level was extremely low.

I'm writing this entry on our way back to Dr. Green, Brandon and I were reunited yesterday and I will be at this appointment this morning. Hoping his levels are on the upswing and we can avoid a transfusion. He is feeling better than a week ago and I like to think that HUGE hug I gave him at the airport helped a little too.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. We were thinking of you Sam when we knew you would be at home alone for a few days You are doing a great job staying so strong x Thinking of you all Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete