Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book of Love

Most of you who follow this blog know both Brandon and I or maybe just one of us, so I thought I'd change things up at bit and share "our" story. Probably boring to most but meeting this kid, Brandon, turned out to be the best thing in my life.

I guess it all started freshman year, I use to meet my friend from high school, JR, every Tuesday after BBH class for lunch at Pollock Commons. His teammate, Brandon Ream, had class with JR and also joined us. There you have it, our first introductions. Neither Brandon or I really remember much from those lunches nor speaking much so let's fast forward 2 years.

Of course we use to see each other throughout those years, we ran in pretty similar crowds, sharing mutual friends, don't all athletes? Well, it all started one night at the Shandygaff, May 2005. For those of you who don't know much about the PSU bar scene the Gaff is pretty much a hole in the wall bar that featured $5 Captain and Coke pitchers and during our era, all athletes frequented. By the way Brandon and I have only been back to the Gaff once since the day we graduated and vowed to each other we'd probably never step foot in there again. (except the night of my bachelorette party) Two of my vball managers and friends both went to high school with Brandon and mentioned to me that I may like "Ream" they were also talking me up to Brandon. Viola! That night Brandon Ream asked for my digits and we've been together ever since. Of course "The Daily Collegian" officially defined our relationship that fall when they printed that football punter, Brandon Ream was my boyfriend in a volleyball article. Let me tell you that was fun. Not!

In 7 years, Brandon and I have lived up our senior year in college together, survived almost 2 years long distance (I lived in Colorado and Illinois), worked through me moving jobless to Pennsylvania over 4 years ago, got engaged, planned a wedding, bought a house, got married and now are battling cancer.

Best 7 years of my life and I look forward to the next 100 with him.

2 comments:

  1. Love you both and your "love story"!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! We're among those that previously only knew Brandon - now we feel we know Sam too. As far as perchance meeting at PSU we wish you the same good fortune as we've had - 55 years and counting. We believe you'll pass us!

    ReplyDelete