Wednesday, June 6, 2012

All we need is love

Ummm what else has been going on lately?

First off we finished another week of treatment, another one down in the books. My sister flew in from Chicago for treatment this week so we got to spend some quality time together and she cleaned my house & helped me plant flowers. Bonus! Plus she can always make us laugh.

Unfortunately, this is Brandon's "crappy" week, lots of bloodwork, low levels, no immune system, throw a blood transfusion in there and worst off he gets stir crazy. Probably doesn't help that I keep a pretty close eye on him and most likely I am driving him nuts. But that's never stopped me before so I will continue to nag. :) (only because I love him) We just hope this week's end comes sooner than later. We have a total of 3 weeks off woo hoo! An additional week thrown on there so Brandon's levels can increase and so a energetic Brandon can stand next to his best buddy when he ties the knot in a couple weeks. I'd say our oncologist is pretty awesome.

For all you facebookers out there and maybe some of you that are not, you may have seen a video interview of us floating around. Brandon and I were asked by our friend Tracy to do an interview for the recent Coaches vs. Cancer dinner & golf weekend. (the CVC was the charity we did the 5k) Anyways the video was pretty emotional for us, it brought us back to November/December in this process, which was a time we were very confused.. We feel like we are now on the right path and our strength truly comes directly from our awesome families and caring friends. Thanks for all the love.

A few special encouraging moments kicking off the month of May/June....
Happy Camp! Woodward officially has started for the summer!
Happy 14th Anniversary to my Sister & Bro in law!
Happy 45th Anniversary to Mom & Dad Tort!
Happy 9th Anniversary to my Brother & Sis in law!
Happy 17th Anniversary to my Sister & Bro in law!

Now if that's not inspiration for Brandon & I, I don't know what is!

5 comments:

  1. Your blogs have a way of picking us viewers up and making us realize how precious life is and how much love there is in this world. Strength comes from where you seek it and it's clear that you have found the mother lode.

    (We'll be in SC at the end of the month; possibly we'll have a chance to meet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon/Sam,

    Coach Bender asked me to post this for him since he does not have an account:

    Recently Richard sent the link to the video you and Sam made. The video is an inspiration to any and all that are facing difficulties in their life, regardless of the scale. After watching the video I began to wonder how a person is able to reach inside and gather the courage and the fight demonstrated by you and your most invested partner Sam. I am not sure I am capable of the same.
    From time to time I think of you and your situation and I am reminded of the return trip to State College after loosing to New Castle in the second round of states to closing out your senior basketball season. We had stopped to eat and while waiting for you guys to finish Coach Frank, your father, and I were standing by the bus replaying the game. Then we started to talk about the next year and what it might bring? I remember commenting that what we were going to miss most was your outstanding leadership. That basketball team was your team, now your team is made up of friends and family, a support team has formed for a very different battle and already you have stepped to the lead position, you inspire us all!

    Coach Bender

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam and Brandon,
    "Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
    There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
    Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
    All you need is love, all you need is love".

    I love you both so much and your love is an inspiration to all of us :)

    ps. where can i find your video?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing Sam's posts;

    Found this written by one of Brandon's fellow athletes and thought this blog was super sweet if you have time to read it...

    http://psu.lions-pride.com/2012/04/team-ream-027.html

    ReplyDelete