Monday, January 16, 2012

Just Breathe

Quick recap of last week, Brandon's last treatment of Cycle 1 went really well. Sam's parents came to Philly for that treatment. Thanks Mom & Dad. We got to enjoy some time with family and a few friends and here we are again.

Well.....

Ever feel like you can't catch your breath? Yep, that is pretty much how I have felt since November 22nd. A little reminiscent of the 4 court suicides and 6am lifts Brandon and I use to endure back in the day. Not fun, but I will say Brandon is worth every breath I feel have missed the past 2 months.

Brandon begins Cycle 2 tomorrow at Penn. I'd be lying if I said we both weren't experiencing a little anxiety about this treatment. Although it wasn't terrible it wasn't easy either. Is chemotherapy ever considered easy? Probably not, so I guess we have been pretty lucky. Lucky as in we have been blessed that Brandon went through Cycle 1 pretty smoothly, a few bumps along the way but nothing he can't handle. So all we can do is pray Cycle 2 follows suit.

I'll say goodnight on this note, My husband is AWESOME.

With Love,
B&S

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome Sam.... Sometimes people forget how hard it is on the spouse and all the things you have to think about. And the worry!! Women have built in worry buttons that are being pushed all the time! Brandon knows how lucky he is to have you by his side. You always were and will remain, the QB of your team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, You BOTH are awesome. I continue to be amazed at both your and Brandon's strength and stamina. I love you Sammy!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Brandon and Sam!
    Wish both of you a very smooth walk through this 2nd cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete